ViaStone expanded clay aggregate media is an incredibly resourceful growing material derived from kiln firing clay to over 2,000 degrees and forming it into the round inert and highly porous grow media that is so popular. Clay itself is renewable and plentiful, making ViaStone ecologically friendly. Use ViaStone virtually anywhere: the greenhouse, in propagation systems, for outdoor gardening, around shrubs & trees, as compost aeration, or as a hydroponic growing medium. Expanded clay grow rocks are the most widely used hydroponic media in North America.
• pH neutral, porous, lightweight, reusable, clean and eco-friendly
• Helps increase yield quality & quantity
• Grow rocks measure between 8 and 16 mm in size
• Accelerates blooming & maturing
• Pellets drain freely without holding excess water, an optimum air-to-water ratio
• Provides high oxygen levels around the roots (especially useful in a flood & drain hydroponic systems)
Please Note: When estimating the necessary amount of Viastone for your particular application understand that the 50 liter and 10 liter quantity is based on the standard Horticultural trade gallon = 0.71 U.S. liquid gallons.
Weight 7.2 lbs